Hostas Direct Testimonials
We have heard from hundreds of satisfied HostasDirect customers over the years. If you have something you want to share with other HostasDirect customers, please email us! You can also check out our Dave's Garden profile, where you can read reviews about our company from fellow gardeners and write your own.
- "Living in a small town dictates that I must get my plants from mail order/website nurseries to get the unique varieties that I want. Over the years, I have ordered from many nurseries and I must say that the plants I received from HostasDirect are second to none. The broad selection of hostas is incredible - each plant has an excellent description so there is no question about the plant. The value is exceptional! I have a large collection of hostas and have shopped many nurseries. The prices HostasDirect offers are often one half that of other nurseries for a plant of comparable size! The plants arrived in fresh condition - they were packed very well - not one single leaf was damaged. Two plants even had flower scapes! I have no concerns in buying from HostasDirect and will order again soon!"
- Jan Wilson, Elberfeld, Indiana
- "Just wanted to say thanks, I received my hosta order SUPER fast! I ordered them on Monday June 12th and had them in my hands by Thursday June 15th!!! I got them into the ground right away and cannot wait to see them grow! What BEAUTIFUL plants you send, I was VERY impressed! I've ordered other hostas online before and they don't compare to what I received from you! Thanks so much!"
- Michelle Oriold, Brunswick, Ohio
- "HostasDirect's retail site is a hosta lover's dream! The plants are so healthy and there is such a great variety. The staff is extremely knowledge and helpful. I will be back many times! You can find hosta here that you won't find anywhere else at a fraction of the cost others would charge. This was really a fun afternoon!"
- Sandy Spanier, Lakeville, MN
- "I just toured their greenhouse and shipping operation. Their plant quality is second to none. All of the plants are super healthy. I've been buying tissue culture for years with outstanding success. I have no idea why people have any concerns about purchasing tissue culture. My experience and that of my friends is they over winter well and are very stable."
- Dale Weiner, Janesville, MN
- "Too many hostas to make a decision but it sure is fun to shop at their retail location! The quality of their plants are great! There are so many varieties I have never seen before, and I have been shopping for hostas for a long time. I will be coming back often and telling my friends."
- Denise Olsen, Albert Lea, MN
- "I was thrilled by the large variety of hard-to-find hostas you offer. While the more common hostas you can find at local nurseries are beautiful (is there such a thing as an ugly hosta?), with my small garden I don't want to "waste" space on multiples - I want one of EVERYTHING! And while that's not realistic or even possible, your nursery makes me feel like I have a shot.
P.S. I don't think it's possible for your staff to be more knowledgeable or more helpful."
- Sue Patterson, South Minneapolis and owner of 300 varieties of hostas
- "We were very impressed with the selection and quality of the hostas provided through HostasDirect.com. We were able to find hostas that fit into our setting perfectly, with just the color, texture and size we wanted. Your expertise and the display garden made our decisions easy. It was a pleasure doing business with you..."
See you soon ... we'll be in the market for more hostas this summer.
- Tom McGinn, Mendota Heights, MN
- I found unique plants that were not to be found at the local nurseries. The number of plants that are available from HostasDirect is mind-boggling. It was great fun to see, for example, the differences between Glory, Old Glory and the Color Glory. (Let's face it, I am hooked on Hostas)
Your prices were more than fair and the plants were very healthy which was important when I wanted to establish the look that was just right in my garden.
Whether you are looking for an elegant Sagae, a beautiful Regal Splendor, a fun Choo Choo Train or a tiny Hope I would recommend you purchase them from HostasDirect!
Happiest in my garden,
- Dorothy Anderson, White Bear Lake, MN
- Last year I had the pleasure of visiting the gardens of HostasDirect. I didn't know what to expect but I can tell you, I wasn't disappointed. The gardens were gorgeous with all the different hosta varieties, sizes and colors! And the gardens included many hostas that are not available in any garden stores here in the Twin Cities. I bought a few hostas that were dug right out of the garden. And I was impressed at the care given to make sure that there was no chance of spreading any viruses. The plants that were given to me were very generous in size and in excellent condition. And, Tom Carlson and his staff were eager to answer any and all questions from all his customers. I can't wait to visit HostasDirect again!
- Bette Stalsberg, Shoreview, MN
- I am totally awed by HostasDirect. Tom Carlson, the owner, has incorporated a full-spectrum of hostas of every size, hue and type. But, what impresses me most is Tom's knowledge and love of the plants. Tom's a high-quality supplier who is honest and fair. He gives good plant advice and backs up everything he sells.
- Vicki McFee, Minneapolis, MN