- Our secure online PayPal payment system accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- Need more credit? PayPal also makes it available to get PayPal Credit.
- Non-Minnesota residents are NOT charged sales tax.
- Minnesota residents are charged 7.125% sales tax..
- Our corporate headquarters are in Roseville, Minnesota (a suburb of Minneapolis St. Paul) but our growing and shipping operation is in Waseca, Minnesota.
Shipping and Packaging Rates are Very Low
- We offer FREE SHIPPING (plants only) on order over $125.
- If we do not have a flat rate shipping offer operative and/or we are shipping Priority Mail your shipping costs are dynamically calculated based upon distance and estimated WEIGHT (and NOT on dollar value of the order like many competitors).
- Our Starter TC and Advanced Starters roots (and plants) are much more than ample to look good and thrive. But, as we do not include as much soil they are lower in weight than many plants offered by others online.
- We do not ship heavy, thick, plastic pots that are also difficult for you to recycle and bad for the environment. With our proven shipping methods they are not needed.
- Our plants arrive fresh and moist and generally within to 1 to 3 business days after they are shipped.
- We ship via USPS First Class Mail or Priority Mail. USPS indicates that orders shipped via Priority Mail are generally delivered within 1-3 business days from the date the order is shipped.
- USPS First Class and Priority Mail are often much lower in cost in low weights than competitive carriers and also very competitive in higher weights. We have used the USPS for 10 years and they have been outstanding.
- USPS often delivers faster to rural areas than other carriers and they deliver on Saturdays.
- We ship on a first come first shipped basis via USPS Priority Mail or USPS First Class Mail. (Sorry, we cannot ship live plants to locations outside of the continental United States.)
- We try to plan our shipping so your order arrives before the weekend or on Saturday.
- We follow the national weather in the spring in case there are freezing concerns and heat in the summer in case there are transit concerns.
- We ship from late March through October (weather dependent) from our greenhouse in Waseca, Minnesota.
- Our greenhouse is located just 1 hour from a huge, automated USPS mail processing center and the St. Paul Minneapolis International Airport
- Once we are caught up on spring deliveries, orders are generally shipped within 5-7 business days of order placement.
- We ship Mondays through Thursdays.
- USPS Priority and First Class Mail deliver on Saturdays and to rural areas.
- You may request a later ship date in the Comments area of your order form during checkout.
- Put special shipping date requests, "leave on the porch" comments in the Comments at check out.
- We recommend NOT shipping to Post Office Boxes if you receive your mail via home delivery.
Our shipping season - Updates on shipping your order
- Learn more about our shipping season and seasonal shipping updates.
How we Package and Ship
- Name tags are included with each plant. They are usually preprinted with growing information and a picture but can be hand-written as well. These labels break or can come out of the ground. We highly recommend gardeners use permanent garden markers. You can purchase durable unique stakes and nameplates that stay together and in the ground through our other business www.IDealGarden Markers.com We also offer design online custom engravings and labels and paint pens.
- The plants are often taped into the inside of the box to prevent shifting.
- We fill the remaining space in the box with packing peanuts.
- We wrap the plants in wet newspaper, add a name tag, put them in a plastic bag and secure with a rubber band.
- We included detailed planting instructions with every order. Even experienced gardeners should abide by our directions!
- We are known for our shipping! Our plants arrive moist and in great shape! Please read our testimonials.
When Your Plant Arrives
- Though hostas and heucheras are very hardy, we strongly recommend that you plant your order within 3 days of arrival.
- Be sure to keep them well-watered before and after you've planted.
- See our planting instructions, which are also included with every order.
Returns, Refunds and 60 Day Guarantee
- We have been shipping many thousands of high-quality disease and pesticide-free plants for over 10 years with very few customer complaints.
- We have several thousand very happy customers in 49 states.
- We have been selected as a Dave's Garden Top Five Hosta Vendor many times.
- We guarantee our plants for 60 days and to be in good condition, disease-free and properly named and labeled when you receive them.
- All claims regarding shortages, damaged plants, etc. must be made within 60 days of receipt of shipment. We will accept returns with full refund if packaged in the original shipping container with original labels and shipped back to us within 5 days of your receipt of the package.
- We are not responsible for any losses after 60 days including due to overwintering, lack of water, poor soil, poor growing location selection, pests, over-fertilizing, not covering your plants the first year in the fall, or other causes beyond our control.
- Prices and inventory are subject to change. All prices are final.
Please contact us if you have any problems or concerns.